Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oooh, Sparkly




If you look very closely, you can see the sparkles in this Eclipse yarn from Tempted. It is not part of the sock club yarn, but I got it at my LYS in Tulsa. I swatched a pattern with it, but I think I am just going to make a simple, sparkly sock. If you have other suggestions, let me know. (Boy, do I need a ball winder!

The big guy and I got in a round of golf today, just before the rains came. It got up to 82 degrees and as the afternoon cooled, we started having thunderstorms. Hopefully no severe weather or flooding. We've had a lot of rain this spring. Makes it hard to get on the golf course or work in the yard. (Not that I want to work in the yard! Not my thing.)

I bought a hibiscus to put out on the patio. It is really full and lovely, red of course. Now I'm ready for some ferns, some petunias, geraniums and maybe some begonias. I have a nice place to decorate this year and a big guy to do it for me. He doesn't mind to get dirt under his fingernails. Yuck, that's the worst. I also want to replant the crape myrtles and lilacs that Bunny ate off even with the ground last year. She's a pistol.

Our dogs just came to the back door wanting inside. We didn't know they had gone out the doggy door and played in the rain. They were grinning like they had really pulled a good joke on us. Of course, we thought they were funny too. That's why we keep "dog towels" by the back door! But it is not so funny when they sneak out in the middle of the night and come back to bed wet!

1 comment:

MsKnottyKnits said...

I love your yarn!! I would love to know how it knits. I have been trying to find some for a while. I figure it might make a nifty little beret..