Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Substitute Socks



This is the sock I started when I put the blue one in time out. It is being knit from Colinette Jitterbug in a pattern of my own making, with a short top and 2X2 ribs. The short top is so I can finish the pair before this 2-week period is up (cheating?) and because of my experience with the Jitterbug yarn. (Short skeins) The colorway is called "Summer Berries" and I bought it at my LYS some time ago and saved it for just the right project.

The sock shown here is totally finished and the second sock is past the heel. So I'm going to make the Friday deadline, I'm sure.

Next, I will frog the blue sock back to above the heel :( then decrease on the cable rows at the top of the heel, and pick up where I left off. Hopefully, I will finish it in time for the next 2-week period deadline. Whew! Thanks for suggesting I lay it down for a while first. That was a good plan.

Here are the dogs, Buster and Bunny, both wanting to sleep on the loveseat by the big guy. Neither one would give up, so they just slept in a pile which is what they really like to do anyway.



Today was a day off from work so we played golf. I did better than I did last week, and the weather couldn't have been better. No wind, temps below 90, it was a beautiful day. We are hoping that Friday will be as nice. The weatherman said maybe rain by then.

The kids in our area have gone back to school this week. That means summer is winding down. I've enjoyed having the flowers in the back yard this year, but they are fading. The petunias are all but gone. The hummingbirds are still active, I think there are three of them fighting over the two feeders. We will have birds at the feeders all winter, but I like the hummingbirds best. I'm always ready for the cooler weather, but the end of summer feels a little sad.

Oh, but think of the knitting we can do this winter!!

2 comments:

Daniele said...

I love the color of that yarn for your "cheater" socks. :) I can't wait to see them finished.

I'm excited about winter too, pajama knitting weather, but don't like the really cold weather we get here in Ohio. I guess we can't have it all!

Julie said...

Your socks look good enough to eat with a name like that.
You just have to love dogs!