Friday, October 3, 2008

Something New and Something Finished

He did it! The big guy bought us a popcorn machine! He went to a local discount store and found one that was too big. We could order a smaller one, but he decided to look around awhile. He ended up at a popcorn store. They had one just the right size, but it was more expensive. They took him in the back and showed him 3 like the one at the discount store that were in various states of repair. The "made in China" machines broke down and they can't get the parts to fix them.

Considering those facts, and the fact that shipping was going to bring the price up on the cheaper one, he decided to go ahead with the model from the popcorn store. He also got a box of packets that have the oil, corn, and flavoring all measured out and ready to dump in. You can see the machine and the amount of popcorn we get with one popping. We are really enjoying it.

I took some to work and shared with our office and the office across the hall. It's fun. Now when going to a party I can bring popcorn instead of chips or something. The big guy has good ideas.

OK. Finished Object - Birthday socks for my co-worker. She picked the striped yarn and they came out real nice. I got the stripes to match. The wool is Berroco and the pattern is my generic 2X2 ribbed sock. The tops are 7" and they fit her size 5 feet.

I took them to work and made her model them for me. She has dainty little feet and ankles, and the socks fit perfectly. This little cubicle where we work is really warm and she won't need her wool socks at work. They will be nice with her winter boots.

Notice also the scrubs she is wearing. There are 3 of us "girls" in the office and we have several silky scrubs alike. It is fun wearing matching uniforms and we get lots of compliments on them.

In my next post, I will show you the beautiful yarn and pattern I got from The Loopy Ewe.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Hot popcorn and wooly socks -- is fall finally here or what? How cozy it all sounds!

Daniele said...

Love the popcorn maker! I think you made a wise decision with your purchase. Fun Fun!!

Also, the "matchy matchy" on the socks is great! Your friend? She should totally model for a knitting magazine!! I think she gets the fibery goodness of handmade socks. :)

Dianne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love those socks. She is a lucky, lucky co-worker to receive such a wonderful birthday gift!

Julie said...

Thats good to know about the different popcorn poppers.
What a good co-worker you are, the socks look great!

Ann said...

Popcorn is a healthy snack. My dogs like popcorn, when ever we eat it they expect us to throw them some (my fault), it's chaos.
Nice socks, too. Your coworker is much luckier than any of mine!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I want a popcorn machine whaaaaa!!!

You are quite the sock knitter - your coworker looks fantastic and is a natural model wearing her socks!