Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Looking for pastel yarn

There is a talented designer whose blog I found. Her name of Jane Lithgow and she has designed some pretty summer socks that she calls "Summer Pick 'n' Mix Socks." You may have seen the patterns for them on Ravelry.

Well, they are just demanding that I cast on for some of them, but I don't have any pastel yarn. Do you know of a source that I could use to order some? Knitpicks has some that will be available in September. I'm not sure these socks will wait that long. They are calling my name!

I have no pictures for today. (I know, I'm falling down on the job.) I have been stalking the hummingbird that comes to my feeder to no avail. He's quicker than I am. The dogs haven't done anything cute this week (possible due to the triple digit temps). And my WIP is almost a FO. So I will get a picture of it later this week.

Let me know about the pastel yarn and I promise to put in photo(s) later this week.

5 comments:

Daniele said...

I did a little searching Marion, but couldn't find any pastel sock yarn either. What is up with that! Here's to hoping you find it soon. I'll let you know if I come across any.

Daniele aka mscreate.typepad.com

Ann said...

There is a yarn store in Westport CT called Knitting Central that has over 100 colors of Koigu and some of it is pastel. www.knittingcentral.com.
They don't have online shopping but they'll take phone orders. The owner would be the one to give you an idea of shipping charges.
(Disclaimer, I work there on the weekends. :-) )

Caroline B said...

Hi Marion, thanks for popping in to my blog! If you don't mind shopping online, check out this place
http://www.angelyarns.com/opal-yarn.php
especially their own handpainted sock yarn - lots of pastels there!

Anonymous said...

I know of a couple sellers on Etsy that have pastel sock yarns if you shop online...

Woolen Mill St Yarns

Crazy Monkey Creations

Julie said...

Have you looked at yarn4socks? I know I saw a peach and a pink. I love yarn4socks and order each month from them.