Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nothing to Report

There hasn't been any action to report around here. I'm still housebound because I'm not allowed to drive yet.

The incision has healed nicely, but the knee is still swelling. I was told I would have swelling for as long as 3 months. It makes it hard to do my bending exercises with it all swollen. I took a picture, but it looked so bad that I'm not posting it.

My childhood friend sent me a cross stitch kit to help me pass the time. It has been hard to get my mind focused on anything, probably from the pain pills. I turned the heel of my sister's sock, I've read a couple of Janet Evanovich books, dozed in front of the TV, and paced. Sitting hurts my back. (Cheese with that whine??)

I'm ready to get back to the real world. My next appointment with the doctor is June 2. Surely by then he will let me go back to work. He said no driving until I'm off the pain med.

You find out who your friends are when something like this comes along. And I have some really good friends. That includes sisters and sisters-in-law. I've had drivers to all the necessary places I needed to go: church, doctor, grocery store, pharmacy, and don't forget Wal-Mart. I have good internet friends too. They have kept me sane and entertained with jokes and messages of encouragement.

Thanks, guys. You're the greatest.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Hurray for good friends. You're lucky to have them.

Get well soon!

Unknown said...

Hope it all gets better soon. I know we all wish for the opportunity to just sit and knit or do what we want, but enforced sitting is not fun! But be patient and do what the Dr says!!